Applying for IPOs is very easy now, many discount brokerages like Zerodha, Groww, Upstox and 5paisa have made it as simple as online shopping. In this article, we will see how to apply for IPOs from Zerodha, Upstox and a Bank like SBI (ASBA based).
How to apply for IPO using Zerodha?
You can apply for an IPO through Zerodha utilizing any upheld UPI application. You should have the BHIM UPI application (most recently updated) with a registered UPI ID, and now follow the steps to apply for IPOs:
Applying for an IPO through Zerodha is straightforward and convenient. It’s a 3 step measure:
- Make UPI ID on BHIM UPI application (One Time)
- Apply on Zerodha Console utilizing your UPI ID
- Check command mandate notification on the BHIM UPI application or net-banking application and accept with UPI PIN.
- Zerodha detailed step by step guide for IPO application is described below: UPI ID Creation (One Time)
- Zerodha offers IPO applications through UPI as a payment passage portal.
- Zerodha clients initially need to make a UPI ID, on the off chance that they don’t have one. UPI ID can be made through the BHIM UPI App or utilizing the online banking application of any bank including ICICI, HDFC where you hold your bank account.
- How to use Zerodha Console for IPO application process:
- First login to your Zerodha kite application or kite webpage.
- Go to profile and click > Console
- In Console go to portfolio and select > IPOs
- In the IPOs window, you will get the list of all open IPO applications
- Click on the > bid
- Now enter your > UPI ID, quantity and price/cutoff price.
- Review and submit your application
- UPI Mandate :
- After some time (usually from 15 minutes to a few hours), you will get a notification from your UPI application for the acceptance of your UPI mandate request.
- Accept the notification and approve the payment.
How to check allotment status on Zerodha:
Zerodha IPO status check should be confirmed from the IPO registrar’s website. Registrar of the IPO (i.e. Karvy, Link Intime) is responsible for IPO share allotment. They publish the allotment status on their website once the offer allotment measure is finished.
While IPO allotment status is not available on the Zerodha website, you get a notification from CDSL when IPO apportioned offers are credited to your Demat account.
You also get a share allotment email from Zerodha.
Don’t have a Zerodha account Click Here to open your account now.
How to apply for IPO using Upstox?
Upstox clients can apply in an IPO using 2 different ways:
- IPO application using UPI on Upstox:
Upstox offers online IPO applications to its clients. Upstox clients can apply for an IPO at BSE and NSE online using the UPI payment portal.
- Clients are required to have a UPI ID and a UPI application to apply in an IPO using Upstox.
- The primary holder of the account (linked in UPI) and the Demat record account have to be similar.
- Other ways of IPO applications are not permitted. You can’t have any significant bearing in an IPO on your family individuals’ Demat account using your ledger’s UPI.
(You could do this with the ASBA application offered by a couple of banks like SBI).
- In-depth process of IPO application on Upstox:
By following the steps below you can apply for IPO through Upstox
- First, you have to log in on the Upstox pro trading web application
- You will find on the upper right side of the window an IPO section, click on it
- In the new window, you will have the list of currently open IPOs
- Select the IPO you want to apply
- Enter your UPI ID
- Select number of lots and bid for the IPO
- Submit your application
- Accept the mandate on your UPI application
How to check allotment status on Upstox:
Upstox IPO status check should be confirmed from the IPO registrar’s website. Registrar of the IPO (i.e. Karvy, Link Intime) is responsible for IPO share allotment. They publish the allotment status on their website once the offer allotment measure is finished.
While IPO allotment status is not available on the Upstox website, you get a notification from CDSL when IPO apportioned offers are credited to your Demat account.
You also get a share allotment email from Upstox.
Don’t have a Upstox account Click Here to open your account now.
How to apply for IPO using your Banks Net Banking (ASBA IPO)?
If you are a Upstox or Zerodha client and don’t wish to utilize Upstox/Zerodha IPO using (UPI), you have an option to invest through the ASBA (Applications Supported by Blocked Amount) facility offered by many banks like (SBI, HDFC, ICICI etc..).
Here are the means to apply for IPO using ASBA net banking:
- Visit the website of the bank and login into your account
- Go to the ‘Invest in IPO’ section of the website
- With some banks, for the first time, you need to register as an applicant by providing your bank and Demat account details
- Select the IPO you wish to invest
- Choose the account and some of the details will be auto-populated
- Enter details like the number of lots you wish to apply, price, etc.
- Confirm and submit the application.
Can you sell your allotted IPO immediately?
After the allotment is finalized, you will receive the allotted number of shares in your Demat account and it will be visible on your respective trading application like Zerodha Kite/Upstox.
On the listing day of the particular IPO, you will be eligible to sell your holdings like any other tradable equity share/product.
How to make money using an IPO?
IPO is a type of investment don’t see it as a get rich quick scheme and always remember IPO is most offered when you the investor is willing to pay for it at any price, So in good times don’t become a bad investor and see it as an investment plan.
IPO can be the chance of getting a good company at a good price, for example, IRCTC you will not get it at post listing price. Do your research properly and keep learning.
If you want in-depth information on How to make money using IPO and what are the required steps before you apply for an IPO read ‘How to make money using IPO in India’